- Built in the USA: Indicates products that are built in the United States from domestic and foreign parts and components.
- Reduced-Emission Engine Technology – Caring for Nature: The STIHL Inc. “Caring for Nature” seal identifies its powered products that are more environmentally conscious, producing zero or low exhaust emissions. STIHL Inc. defines “low exhaust emissions” as being cleaner than EPA and/or CARB exhaust emission standards.
- Shoulder Strap / Carrying System: Using a shoulder strap or carrying system helps distribute the weight of the equipment for increased operator comfort and improved maneuverability.
- Adjustable Front Handle: Adjusts for comfort.
- Fully Lined Drive Shaft: Provides smooth operation and less vibration.
- High Tech Polymer Housing : Housings are lightweight, withstand greater impact and are corrosion-resistant.
- Protected Choke Lever/Knob: Helps prevent damage.
- Start/Run/Stop Controls on Handle
- Throttle Trigger Interlock: Must be depressed before the trigger can be activated.
- Air Filter Cover: Easily removed for fast and easy filter cleaning or replacement.
- Protected or Enclosed Control Cables: Eliminate dangling and loose wires.
- Heavy-Duty Steel-On-Steel Clutch: Centrifugal clutch is designed to reduce slippage.
- Protected Spark Plug: Protected yet easy to change.
- Protected Spark Arrestor Muffler: Has large baffles which reduce noise level and contains a screen designed to reduce the emission of sparks.
- Upright Translucent Fuel Tank: Allows operator to easily check fuel level before starting work. Upright position makes it easier to refill.
- Purge Pump Primer: By pressing the bulb, this small fuel pump delivers fuel to the carburetor, reducing the number of starting pulls needed after an extended break between uses.
- Loop Handle (R): Loop handle grass trimmers and brushcutters are ideal for trimming between bushes and shrubs and other areas where space is limited.
- Displacement: 36.3 cc (2.2 cu. in.)
- Engine Power: 1.4 kW (1.9 bhp)
- Weight*: 5.5 kg (12.1 lb.)
- Fuel Capacity: 710 cc (24.0 oz)
- Power Source: Gas
*Weight without cutting attachment or deflector.